Monday, November 17, 2008

One month



Well here we have it. Its been one glorious and painful month since Yiorgos was born. There have been times when i thought i would never get enough sleep to make it through a day. There were times at night when i have been so frustrated and so tired that i had cried as i tried to sooth my child. I was tired and sore and I'm just able to take long walks at reasonable paces. That was the worst was healing and at some points unable to get out of bed.
Now that one month has past i can start to actually feel some what normal. well a normal mother that is. I don't think ill be a normal women for a long time. But that's OK i have my little Yiorgos to use as a excuse and what a cute one he is.

I know i would not of been able to make it through this month without all those who were there to support me in this new experience. I first want to say thank you to my mom for raising me and my brothers and sisters. If i didn't have the experience i had from my little brothers and sister also my nephews, i would not have been able to handle the basic child care things. Also my mom was there to talk to and give me her advice and love and support that made me able to get through this all.

Secondly i would like to thank Laurie my mother in law. Who was here for the birth and the first 2 weeks. Laurie thank you. she helped me make it through the sleepless nights, helped me stay calm and breath through those nasty contractions, and she helped me around the house and fed me when i could barley move. especially when Gabe had to leave to Saskatchewan. I don't think i would have made it though without Laurie there.

Also there was heather who was there for us. She has been a great help to us. we know that we can always rely on her to be here for us when we need the help. Its a lot of fun when she brings Ray and Janel her 2 daughters over to talk and play games. It nice to be able to just be ourselves with them around.

When Grandma Gosselin came it was also a lot of fun and she was a ton of help. It was nice to see her interact with her great grandchild. She also helped a ton with helping keep us feed and the house clean. Also taking care of Yiorgos while i had some alone time. Which was much appreciated.

Gabe and I would also like to thank everyone who was there to give us advice, and stuff for Yiorgos. Thank you all. We are very excited to have our little guy and cant wait for everyone to see him and get to hold him. I think he is the most adorable baby in the world. But I'm biased..

2 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Oh the crying in the middle of the night feeding...we've all been there Sam! I definitely had my moments with Taylor when she was born!
You guys look super happy...that last pic is great of you guys!
See you Thurs!

Theresa said...

Your doing awesome! Better than me in the first month...some times lindsay doesnt even want to come home!! LOL